The Wicklow Way – Ireland
Self Guided Walk on the Wicklow Way in Ireland
The Wicklow Way is a Self Guided Long Distance trail in Ireland with a total distance of 128Km.
About the Trail
We have broken this walk up into manageable walking days of approx 15 -20Km per day.
The trail travels south from Dublin and wanders into the Dublin hills on the first day. After you leave Marley Park you start going up towards the hills overlooking Dublin city and bay. Then once you start going over these hills and through Glencullen then the scenery changes completely and you are now in rural Ireland and County Wicklow. The trail keeps traveling south bringing you by Waterfalls, Lakes, the Mountain ranges of Wicklow and open Glens. Some highlights along the way are Lough Tay, Powerscourt Waterfall, Glendalough and Glenmalure to name a few.
You will also pass through and stay in some villages such as Enniskerry, Roundwood, Glendalough, Tinahealy and Shillelagh, the walk then finishes in the small town of Clonegal.
The trail is made up of forest trails, open mountain tracks, boreens(old Irish roads) and roads but don’t worry the trail is very well marked and you will also have the maps and trail notes that we provide.
Wicklow is known for its scenery and is also known as “The Garden of Ireland” for its natural beauty. It’s a wonderful place for walking with its low lying mountains, small colourful towns and incredible vistas.
You can decide how many days you wish to walk and we organise everything else for you, so you can just relax enjoy the walk and incredible scenery you pass through. Knowing your luggage is going ahead of you to your next accommodation.
Included in costs
- Friendly and family run guest Houses and B+Bs (Irish Tourism Board Approved)
- Breakfasts each morning with a wide selection to choose from.
- Detailed maps, Water Proof Map Cover
- Wicklow Way Book with interesting facts of areas visited and route descriptions.
- Luggage Transfer each day.
- Phone support along the way.(Accommodations and pickup numbers)
- All Information on public transport required will be given.
- Pickup from the Airport or accommodation to the Wicklow Way can be arranged.
- Extra nights in Dublin before and after your walk
Note: There is no cancellation fee for any cancellations due to COVID travel restrictions.
- A cancellation fee of 100% applies for cancellations made less than 2 weeks in advance, or in case of no-show.
- A cancellation fee of 50% applies for cancellations made less than 4 weeks in advance.
- No cancellation fee applies for cancellations made 4 weeks or more in advance.