Q. How do we get to the Start of our walk?
A. All the information to get you to the start of your walk will be given to you, ie, bus times, train times etc. We can also organise a transfer for you from Airports or accommodations.
Q. What about the walks and fitness levels?
A. The terrain of this walk is from forest tracks, to open hillside, old roads, country lanes and Irish Bog.
The walks are generally of a moderate level with approx 15 – 20Km per day walk.
It is possible to have your day shortened by letting us know and we can organise transfers to shorten the walk for you
Q What is the Accommodation like?
A. We use a mix of Guesthouses on these Self Guided Walks as we believe they give you a more personal service and many of them will provide you with a packed lunch and a hearty breakfast before you start your day. They are also locals to the area and know the best places for music, food and drink.
- We choose our accommodation very carefully and have known the owners for many years now and have built up a close relationship with them
- We can depend on these accommodations to give you the best service and assistance with any queries you may have.
- The accommodation providers are well used to guests arriving after a day’s walk and know that they want somewhere comfortable to relax and freshen up.
- They are all fully qualified and recognised accommodations with Tourism Ireland
Q What is the food in Ireland like and where would we get evening meals?
A. In many of the towns along the way, there is a choice of restaurant or Pub (Pub cuisine in Ireland is fantastic now with a wide variety of food at a high quality in most).
- Breakfasts are included and there is a wide selection to choose from including a Full Irish, fruit, cereals, breads etc.
- Lunches for the walks: Some of the accommodations may provide a packed lunch for you. If not they will let you know of a close by Deli or shop where you can have one made up the way you would like it.
- Evening Meals In most towns there are restaurants and Pubs, Wicklow Lamb is famous throughout the world for its quality.
- Dietary requests such as Vegetarians or Gluten free can be catered for with prior notice, although many locations in Ireland are well used to specific foods .
Q. Can we have our luggage transferred each day?
A. Yes your luggage is transferred each day and will be at your next accommodation before your arrival. So you can shower and freshen up quickly after arriving