The Kerry Way – Ireland
Self Guided Walk on the Kerry Way in Ireland
The Kerry Way is a long distance trail in the south West of Ireland on the Iveragh Peninsula in County Kerry.
The trail is over 200Km in length making it one of the longest self guided routes and one of the most popular.
About the Trail
The trail is walked traditionally in an anti clockwise direction starting and finishing at the very popular town of Killarney.
Killarney is one of Ireland’s most visited parts of the country and extremely popular with tourists. Its not hard to see why when you visit this area for yourself with the Lakes of Killarney and the high peaks sitting behind them given this small town one of the most spectacular backdrops. The National park is also here as well as Muckross house, endless pubs and restaurants playing Irish music and Jarveys (Horse Carts) offering lifts around the lakes and park. This place is really alive during the summer months and a great place to start any walk from.
There are also many other fine small towns along the way such as Sneem, where I suggest you visit a small Deli to get some local cheeses and a great sandwich for your days walk. Then there is Waterville where Charlie Chaplin used to bring all his family for holidays as he used to love doing some sea fishing here. Of course you could stop here and visit the Skellig Islands of the coast of Kerry, which were once an ancient monastery during the 6th to 9th centuries and more recently the film location of Star Wars and the last Jedi. With its ancients ruins, spectacular beaches, small towns and fine hills the Kerry Way really is a great trail.
We have broken down this trail into manageable stages for you. Allowing approx between 20 – 25Km per day.
Included in costs
- Friendly and family run guest Houses and B+Bs (Irish Tourism Board Approved)
- Breakfast each morning with a wide selection to choose from.
- Detailed maps, Water Proof Map Cover
- The Kerry Way Book with interesting facts of areas visited and route descriptions.
- Luggage Transfer each day.
- Phone support along the way.(Accommodations and pickup numbers)
- All Information on public transport required will be given.
- Tours to the Skellig or Valentia Islands can be organized along the way.
- Extra accommodation before and after your trip.
- Pickup from Shannon / Kerry Airports.
Note: There is no cancellation fee for any cancellations due to COVID travel restrictions.
- A cancellation fee of 100% applies for cancellations made less than 2 weeks in advance, or in case of no-show.
- A cancellation fee of 50% applies for cancellations made less than 4 weeks in advance.
- No cancellation fee applies for cancellations made 4 weeks or more in advance.