Walking Weekend in Tipperary and the Knockmealdown Mountains:
Walking in Tipperary
This mountain range sit in the South East of Ireland close the towns of Cahir and Cashel. It is a wonderful scenic part of Ireland with a great variety of walks from forest loop trails to more demanding mountain treks. The Knockmealdowns straddle the Tipperary and Waterford borders traveling east to west. The highest point is called Knockmealdown Mountain.
The town of Cahir, where we will be staying, gets its name from the Irish word meaning stone ring fort and today one of Ireland’s finest castles stands here on the river Suir.
The castle is well worth a visit and you can get guided tours also. As with much of this area in the South east of Ireland the Butler family (Kilkenny Castle) had a great influence being the first Barons of Cahir and owned Cahir castle. The Quakers also had a great influence later in the 1800s particularly in the milling industries and there is also a beautiful Swiss cottage that you can visit just outside the town.
Cahir town, Knockmealdowns, Waterford’s highest point, Liam Lynch trail, Swiss cottage, Cahir Castle.
- 1 nights BB with breakfast in Cahir House Hotel in Cahir
- 1 Evening meal
- Guided walk on Knockmealdown Mountain
- 2 Guided walks with qualified guides.
- Transport from Dublin.
From the Molly Malone statue on Suffolk Street (Dublin) at 09:00am and Dundrum at 09:30am
If you are making your own way down we will meet you in our hotel in Cahir at 11:30
New Flexible Cancellation Policy:
If the tour is cancelled or you can’t do the tour due to the any COVID19 travel restrictions. You will get a full refund or we can postpone to another more suitable date, otherwise policy is as below.
- A cancellation fee of 100% applies for cancellations made less than 7 Days in advance, or in case of no-show.
- A cancellation fee of 50% applies for cancellations made less than 14 Days in advance.
- No cancellation fee applies for cancellations made 2 weeks or more in advance.