Walking Weekend in Donegal:
Donegal sits in the very North West of Ireland and offers some of the most scenic places to walk in the country.
There are numerous great beaches and locations to enjoy many different kinds of walks.
On this weekend we hope to bring you to some of these places such as Glencolmcille, an old monastic site of St Columbia and where today people still go on Pilgrimage.
We will along Ireland’s highest cliffs, Slieve League and you will be able to see far out towards the Atlantic Sea and the North West Coastline.
The scenery in this part of Ireland is stunning with a rugged coastline, wild mountainous terrain and miles of sandy beaches.
The people of Donegal are very friendly and also very proud of their county. It is the home of Irish Tweed and Ardara where we will be staying is the right to look for a tweed cap or jacket. The Irish language is still spoken today in many parts of this county and its not unusual to hear it been spoken among the locals. There is also a great tradition is Irish traditional music and dance and many great places to hear it. The band Clannad and Enya are both from this county and many of their songs are in Gaeilge. Today though the most famous person would probably be Daniel O’Donnell, who mainly sings Irish ballads and country music.
Walking Weekend in Donegal Includes:
- 2 nights BB with breakfast in the Nesbitts Hotel in Ardara town
- 1 Evening meal
- Guided walk on Slieve League
- Visit to the town of Glencolmcille
- 3 Guided walks with qualified guides.
- Transport from Dublin.
From the Molly Malone statue on Suffolk Street (Dublin) at 09:30am
If you are making your own way down we will meet you in our hotel in Ardara at 14:30
New Flexible Cancellation Policy:
If the tour is cancelled or you can’t do the tour due to the any COVID19 travel restrictions. You will get a full refund or we can postpone to another more suitable date, otherwise policy is as below.
- A cancellation fee of 100% applies for cancellations made less than 7 Days in advance, or in case of no-show.
- A cancellation fee of 50% applies for cancellations made less than 14 Days in advance.
- No cancellation fee applies for cancellations made 2 weeks or more in advance.