Options and Cost:
- 5 Day – €517 pps Single supplement: + €195
- 7 Day – €643 pps Single supplement: + €275
- 8 Day – €698 pps Single supplement: + €315
- 8 Day with Islands Special – €875 pps SS: + €315
Select the number of days you wish to walk while booking.
Secure your Booking Now with Just 10% Deposit.
The Western Way – Ireland.
The Western Way is a long distance trail that travels through Connemara in the West of Ireland to County Mayo. The trail traditionally starts in the small town Oughterard which is next to Lough Corrib just about 30Km north of Galway city.
The Western Way trail crosses some very remote and beautiful parts of Connemara. The trail makes it’s way along the shores of Lough Corrib towards Maam and by Lough Inagh to Leenaun. From here it passes into county Mayo and eventually finishing up at the colourful seaside town of Westport
We offer a choice of walking on the Western Way to Leenaun from Oughterard over 5 days walking making it very manageable and then the option of continuing on towards Westport on our 7 or 8 day self guided option.
The Western Way trail is a mix of small roads, board walks, forest track and mountain side trails.
Connemara is known for its outstanding beauty and wonderful barren landscape. The mountains although they are not very high, they are very impressive with their bare rock grey stone summits against the soft green beneath them.
Included in costs
- Friendly and family run guest Houses and B+B’s (Irish Tourism Board Approved)
- Breakfasts each morning with a wide selection to choose from.
- Detailed maps, Water Proof Map Cover
- The Western Way Book with interesting facts of areas visited and route descriptions.
- Luggage Transfer each day.
- Phone support along the way.(Accommodations and pickup numbers)
- All Information on public transport required will be given.
- For the Islands Special your Ferry tickets and taxis are included
- Transfers for first and last days can be arranged.
- Extra nights before and after your walk
Note: There is no cancellation fee for any cancellations due to COVID travel restrictions.
- A cancellation fee of 100% applies for cancellations made less than 2 weeks in advance, or in case of no-show.
- A cancellation fee of 50% applies for cancellations made less than 4 weeks in advance.
- No cancellation fee applies for cancellations made 4 weeks or more in advance.
Wonderful Wicklow Experience
Review of Hilltoptreks
We had an excellent trip walking the Wicklow Way from Marlay Park to Iron Bridge. Terry arranged everything perfectly for us and it was an incredible way to celebrate my 30th birthday. We highly recommend using Hilltop Treks.
Date of experience: May 2019