Options and Cost:
- 7 Day – €643 pps Single supplement: + €200
- 8 Day – €698 pps Single supplement: + €235
Select the number of days you wish to walk on the sheep’s head way while booking.
Secure your Booking Now with Just 10% Deposit.
The Sheeps Head Way – Ireland
The Sheeps Head Way is a long distance walking trail in West Cork in Ireland. It was put together by the local farmers and landowners in the region to help promote this small Peninsula for walking and they also won a European destination of excellence award.
It’s a loop multi day walk that is traditionally walked in a clockwise direction. The trails are approx 150Km of way marked ways. There are also many smaller sheep’s head loop walks within the Peninsula for you to explore.
The Peninsula is the smallest of the peninsulas in this part of Ireland. It sticks out into the Atlantic Ocean and is easily walked across from one side to the next in one day.
As well as the Sheep’s head trail they are also many other looped walks that can be easily done in a few hours. It is a long the Wild Atlantic Way with the town of Bantry sitting at the top of the Peninsula.
The sheep’s head trail is along the coast usually giving you great views across the sea to the other Peninsulas and surrounding parts of Kerry and Cork.
There are some beautiful small towns along this part of Ireland with unusual names for this part of the world. There are also some great local arts and crafts as this part of Ireland attracts many artists and creative types. There are also some very tasty local produce Cheese with Durrus being about the most famous, which is a delicious soft white cheese and a definite to taste while you are there.
We organise a 7 and 8 day to give you the nest of the region and also some time to enjoy it. We can of course offer a shorter or longer stay of walk along this way.
Both walks on the sheep’s head way start and finish in Bantry and if you do have time Whiddy Island is also well worth a visit which is just a short ferry from Bantry Pier.
Included in costs:
- Guest Houses or B+B’s with breakfasts
- Detailed maps, the Sheeps Head Way route notes and Water Proof Map Cover
- Luggage Transfer each day. So you only carry a small pack while walking.
- Phone support along the way.(Accommodations and pickup numbers)
- All Information on public transport required will be given.
- Information on what to see and do in places visited.
- Information on places to eat and drink.
- Pickup can be arranged from Cork / Kerry Airport for start of walk or end of walk.
- Extra accommodation before or after this trip can be arranged for you.
Cancellation Policy for the Sheep’s Head Way:
Note: There is no cancellation fee for any cancellations due to COVID travel restrictions.
- A cancellation fee of 100% applies for cancellations made less than 2 weeks in advance, or in case of no-show.
- A cancellation fee of 50% applies for cancellations made less than 4 weeks in advance.
- No cancellation fee applies for cancellations made 4 weeks or more in advance.
Wonderful Wicklow Experience
Review of Hilltoptreks
We had an excellent trip walking the Wicklow Way from Marlay Park to Iron Bridge. Terry arranged everything perfectly for us and it was an incredible way to celebrate my 30th birthday. We highly recommend using Hilltop Treks.
Date of experience: May 2019