Options and Cost:
- 5 Day – €517 pps Single supplement: + €135
- 7 Day – €643 pps Single supplement: + €200
- 8 Day – €698 pps Single supplement: + €235
- 9 Day – €786 pps Single supplement: + €265
- 10 Day – €830 pps Single supplement: + €295
Select the number of days you wish to walk while booking.
Secure your Booking Now with Just 10% Deposit.
The Dingle Way is a Self Guided Long Distance trail in the South West of Ireland with a total distance of 179Km.
We break the walk up into manageable walking or hiking days of approx 15Km – 20Km per day.
About the Trail
The trail is traditionally walked in a clockwise direction around the Peninsula starting in either the town of Tralee or Camp.
This is a wonderful walking or hiking trail staying close to the coast all the way around the Peninsula, although it does enter inland from time to time. The Dingle Peninsula sticks out into the Atlantic Ocean so from the trail you can get incredible views across its coastline and Islands. Such as the Blasket or Skellig Islands. The Blasket islands were inhabited up unto recently and the Skelligs was used for the latest Star Wars movie.
The small towns on this trail make it particularly wonderful for hiking and it also has long stretch of fine sandy beaches. The town of Dingle itself is a very special place in Ireland and we highly recommend taking a rest day here. The bright coloured buildings, the small fishing boats at port. The fishing men, unique style of pubs , where you can have your shoes mended while having a pint and listening to music. Then tasting some of the local sea food in one of it’s many fine restaurants, you won’t be sorry to have stopped here.
As well as the town of Dingle there are also other great towns along the way such as Annascaul, where the famous Irish Explorer “Tom Crean”. He opened his own pub “The South Pole Inn” after his exploits in Antarctica with Scott and Shackleton. Then there are the Islands to visit such as the Blaskets, where many of Ireland’s most famous Gaeilc speaking writers lived.
The trail is a mix of small roads, country lanes, mountain trails, forest tracks and beaches which make it a perfect location for walking or hiking.
You just decide how many days you wish to walk or hike and we organise everything else for you.
Check out our Blog about walking on the Dingle way – Dingle Way Ireland
Included in costs
- Friendly and family run guest Houses and B+Bs (Irish Tourism Board Approved)
- Breakfast each morning with a wide selection to choose from.
- Detailed maps, Water Proof Map Cover
- The Dingle Way Book with interesting facts of areas visited and route descriptions.
- Luggage Transfer each day.
- Phone support along the way.(Accommodations and pickup numbers)
- All Information on public transport required will be given.
- Transfers for first and last days can be arranged.
- Extra nights before and after your walk
Note: There is no cancellation fee for any cancellations due to COVID travel restrictions.
- A cancellation fee of 100% applies for cancellations made less than 2 weeks in advance, or in case of no-show.
- A cancellation fee of 50% applies for cancellations made less than 4 weeks in advance.
- No cancellation fee applies for cancellations made 4 weeks or more in advance.
Wonderful Wicklow Experience
Review of Hilltoptreks
We had an excellent trip walking the Wicklow Way from Marlay Park to Iron Bridge. Terry arranged everything perfectly for us and it was an incredible way to celebrate my 30th birthday. We highly recommend using Hilltop Treks.
Date of experience: May 2019