The Via Algarviana is one of the Algarve’s best kept secrets. It is a long distance trail (300km long) and perfect for walking, that runs from Alcoutim, in the Eastern Algarve all the way across the region to the western tip at Cape St. Vincent, near Sagres and crossing the Costa Vicentina Natural Park. The whole trail takes around 14 days to complete, or you can opt for shorter walk or treks. It follows a meandering, rural route through the Serra do Caldeirão and Serra de Monchique – perfect for a walking holiday in the Algarve.
The route crosses all nine municipalities in the Algarve (Alcoutim, Castro Marim, Tavira, S. Brás de Alportel, Loulé, Silves, Monchique, Lagos and Vila do Bispo). Most of the route is fairly off the beaten track, although there are some smaller sections that are closer to busier roads. Starting near to the Spanish border and the Guadianna river the path crosses the tranquil countryside of the East Algarve. The central section of the Via Algarviana meanders around more fertile countryside near Alte, Salir and Silves. Heading towards Monchique the path rises, rises, rises towards Picota and Foía – the highest point in the Algarve at 902m. Then it’s down towards Sagres and the Atlantic with its crashing waves and beautiful sunsets.
• Choice of walks along the Via Algarviana from Alcoutim to Sagres in the very south of Portugal.
• Includes various luxury accommodations each night in rural Guesthouses and hotels.
• Meals are included and are home made by the locals!
• Your luggage is transferred for you so you can just bring a small backpack along the way.
• Pickup and drop off from Faro airport, also internal transfers along the trail.
• Discover wonderful parts of the Algarve.
• Pickup and drop off to and from trails.
• Explore the wildlife in this excellent bird watching region.
• Walk carefree in the knowledge that all your accommodation is pre booked.
Our price we include 2€/person/day as a donation for a local NGO, for the maintenance of the trails!