8 Day- Self Guided
· 7 nights Bed and Breakfast (charming lodging)
· 6 picnic lunches
· Luggage transport from accommodation to accommodation
· Personal accident insurance
· Map 1 : 55 000 and GPS files GPX/KMZ
· Transfer to start and end of the tracks when necessary
· Transfer from Lisbon or Faro airport to Porto Côvo (private bus)
· Transfer from Aljezur to Lisbon or Faro airport (Train)
Recommended Season: September till June
Cost: €895pps, (Single Supplement €300)
• GPS Rental
• Extra night accommodation in either Lisbon or Faro.
Deposit of just 10% required when booking.
Rota Vicentina walking trip in May 2016
We booked the Rota Vicentina self-guided tour via the Internet and got an immediate response from the organisers.
Once we arrived to Lisbon, we were picked up by Raul who drove us to the starting point of the trip (Milfontes). He was very friendly and helpful with the information. He even gave us a mobile phone with the numbers to call for pick-ups and transfers!
The accommodations were comfortable and all our hosts very extremely available to pick us up at any time. One of them even drove us to a restaurant and pick us up after dinner. In all the residences, breakfast was excellent. We were also satisfied with the packet lunch provided every morning for our walk.
As regards the walking trip itself, we liked the landscape very much, the surroundings, the nature, the colours and scents of Alentejo and the local people we met.
We walked on average 20km per day. The task is not too challenging if you are used to walking, especially because we did not have to carry our backpacks (since all bags are moved from one hotel to the other by the organisers). Nevertheless, we felt quite exhausted at the end of each walking day and we liked the relaxing feeling of our rest.
To conclude, we would recommend the Rota Vicentina to anyone who appreciates walking in unspoiled nature, by the ocean.
Date of experience: May 2016 Trip type: Travelled as a couple