Cost – €580
Price is based on Groups of 1 to 8 people. (If more than 8 people please ask for quote)
• Pickup from your chosen location.
• Private Guide and Vehicle for your Tour.
• Create your own Itinerary, with our Guidance.
Book Your Tour Now with just a 10% deposit.
Private Day Tour of the Boyne Valley and Newgrange.
Discover Ireland’s rich and intriguing history with this tour of Ireland’s Ancient East in the Boyne Valley. With a short drive from Dublin city center you can be brought to some of Ireland’s most impressive archaeological and ancient sites.
The Boyne Valley sits just north of Dublin in counties Meath and Louth. This valley along the River Boyne is where it is believed much of the first people to Ireland settled.
Today it is a treasure to historians giving a rich insight into Ireland’s ancient past. From the Celts to the Vikings, Pagans to Christianity and the British conquest to Ireland’s independence.
A very important monument in this region is Newgrange. It is an UNESCO World Heritage Site over 5000yrs old. Making it older than the pyramids of Egypt. It is an ancient burial tomb and is also one of the largest astrologically aligned structures in the world. This monument also was built to mark the event of the winter solstice on Dec 21st each year.
There are many other wonderful ancient wonders and locations to explore from your Private Tour.
Places you could visit from Your Private Tour
- Hill of Tara: The Ancient seat of the High Kings of Ireland.
- Trim Castle: The largest Norman Castle in Europe. Founded by Hugh De Lacy in 12th Century. Film location of “Brave Heart”
- The Hill of Slane: is steeped in myth and history, St Patrick and the introduction of Christianity.
- Slane Castle: Home of the Marquess Conyngham, Family home since 1701.
- New Grange: A place of astrological, spiritual, religious and ceremonial importance – An Ancient Temple.
- Knowth: Another Megalithic site of the Boyne Valley.
- Monasterboice Monastery: Wonderful High Crosses, which was founded by Saint Buite approx 500 A.D.
Your guide will give you a richer understanding of Ireland’s history, its people and their connection to this area.
These are just some of the many areas you can visit. As this is a private tour of course your guide can also suggest other locations of interest or you can also choose your own.
Private Tour (1 – 8 persons): from just €580
• Pickup at your Accommodation, Airport or Port in Dublin
• Comfortable Transport for your Tour.
• Qualified and Friendly Guide to keep you well informed of the areas visited.
• Your own personal Itinerary of places you would like to see or visit.
• A more intimate Tour for you and your group.
Does Not Include:
• Entrance fees
• Lunches, Meals or Drinks
(For groups larger than 8 please contact us at email@example.com for an Itinerary and quote)
A deposit of 10% is required to secure your booking and your balance is due 2 weeks prior to Tour Start date.
Cancellation Policy For Private Tours of Ireland:
- A cancellation fee of 100% applies for cancellations made less than 2 days in advance, or in case of no-show.
- A cancellation fee of 50% applies for cancellations made less than 7 days in advance.
- No cancellations fees applied if cancellation is made 7 or more days in advance.
If you cannot make your private tour of Ireland on the date requested and you contact us within 7 days of your tour date, then we may be able to provide an alternative date depending on availability.
Pickup for Your Private Day Tour Nregrange and the Boyne Valley.
The pickup location in Dublin for this tour is chosen by you.
It can be your Hotel, Accommodation, Port or Airport.
What to bring for your Day Tour
For most tours it is best to bring
- Comfortable Walking shoes / Trainers.
- Rain Gear just in case.
- Camera to get some great shots.
Frequently asked questions about this Tour
Q. Is this suitable for just 1 or 2 people?
A. Yes, This is not a problem.
Q. Can we choose to do multiple days tour?
A. Yes, We can offer this as along we have enough notice to organise it for you
Q. Can I choose to visit any part of Ireland?
A. Yes, As long as its possible within a day usually, otherwise we would need to organise a multiple day tour for you.
Q. What size groups can you cater for?
A. We have a few different size and capacity buses.
Review of Hilltoptreks
Date of experience: Dec 2018.
17 Dodder Lawn,
Dodder Valley Park,
Firhouse Dublin 24,
Local: 087 7849599
Int: +353 (0) 87 7849599
Skype : Hilltoptreks