The price includes:
- Bed and breakfast in Hotel Du Parc.
- 3 nights (based on two people sharing).
- 3 dinners in three different venues.
- Entrance Fee and Vineyard Visit.
- All transfers.
- Guiding with Local Guide for walks.
- Spectacular furnicular train ride.
- Flights to Lyon, France. (Recommended Flights Aerlingus 02/06 13:10 EI552, and 05/06 17:00 EI553)
- Thermal Baths €60 (for 4 treatments, Optional)
- Personal expenses, travel insurance or tips
Bernadette who will be your tour leader and interpreter is Irish and has lived in France for over 30 years in a gorgeous little Spa town called Allevard, right in the heart of the French Alps and in a particularly unspoiled part of rural France.
She is also a regular walker when she is in Ireland.
She has put together a programme for a long weekend which gives an excellent feel for this lovely area. Complete with Wine, food, spa/thermal baths, funicular, museums, and of course some walking!
We are staying in Hotel Du Parc, a charming hotel right in the heart of the town adjacent to the famous thermal baths. Allevard owes it’s existence to the presence of sulphur in the water, great for arthritis, and “taking the waters” has been an essential part of medical treatment in France for many years. The hotel opens up onto a lovely park, and all the shops, restaurants and bars in the town are just beside it.
On either side of the valley are serious mountains – think over 1500m upwards! This is ski
resort territory in the winter and alpine pasture in the summer.