HilltopTreks Hill Walking Club
About The Club
HilltopTreks Walking Club
Ever thought about joining a walking group and adding a new dimension to your social life? Here at Hilltop Treks we have had a very active walking club for many years, catering for all ages and stages and we offer a wide range of events. We pride ourselves in offering a wide and varying programme and running one of the friendliest groups around.
Cost for membership is €199 for twelve months (thirteen if you sign up before December!)
What you get as a member:
- Transport from Dublin in a bus or minibus to all walks.
- Guided walks with fully qualified guides to a range of locations – Ireland and abroad – at least one Club walk a month.
- Full Moon walks – usually in Enniskerry, and these take place on the Saturday closest to the full moon.
- You can join in with the annual “Sofa to Summit” group to make sure you start 2020 in full fitness mode!
- Walking weekends in Ireland. We arrange a couple of these every year, taking in some of Ireland’s most scenic mountain ranges.
- Preferential rates and first chance to book our overseas trips. Over the past few years we have visited France, Italy, and Transylvania, and plan to visit Northern Spain in 2020. These trips have proven very popular and book out quickly.
- We occasionally team up with other walking groups for ‘special events’ including our annual St Patrick’s Day walk which is usually somewhere down the country, ending at a good old fashioned country pub.
- Club discounts for some of Ireland’s leading retailers for walking gear.
A great group of friendly fellow walkers who will make you welcome. Walking outdoors is a sociable activity – it is easy and very natural to fall into conversation with people with similar interests and we have an active social scene with events at regular intervals during the year.
Our Guided Walks
All of our walks are well planned and organised beforehand so all you have to do is turn up, walk and enjoy yourself.
We plan to have our walks in a social and friendly atmosphere so there are no medals for first place. The walks are lead by an experienced guide therefore giving you the peace of mind in the knowledge that you are in safe hands.
We provide transport for our walks which makes it easy for you to get more and we also encourage car pooling.
Letting you know about the walks
You will be notified by email about upcoming walks with detailed directions and maps to the start locations. You also be given details on the level of walk it will be i.e. easy, moderate or strenuous.
We will give you advice on clothing and equipment to have with you for the walks.
Membership of the HilltopTreks Social Hill Walking Group entitles the member to 30+ hill walks per year. More Details below.
|Your Membership Includes:
• Over 30 Fully Guided members Walks Per Year
• Transport provided for all of our walks
• You are covered under our Insurance while walking in Ireland.
• Organised Weekend walking breaks
• Qualified and experienced guides to assist you.
• Organised Walking Holidays with discounts for members..
• Discounts in many of the Walking Outlet Stores.
|Outlet Stores: discounts
Trespass.ie – 20% Instore (not on sale items)
RamblersWay– 10% Instore, 15% online sales
BaseCamp – 10% Instore (not on sale items)
Great OutDoors – 10% Instore (not on sale items)
The North Face – 10% Instore (not on sale items, Temple Bar)
Head for the Hills – 10% Instore (not on sale items) – GPO shopping Arcade, Dublin
|Members Walk dates for 2019
|Dec Sat 14th|
|Members Walk dates for 2020
|Jan Sun 12th||July Sun 12th|
|Feb Sat 15th||Aug Sat 15th|
|Mar Sat 14th (St Pats Special)……..||Sept Sun 13th|
|April 12th – 14th||Oct Sat 17th|
|May Sun 17th||Nov Sun 8th|
|June Sat 13th||Dec Sat 12th|
About Members walks
• Membership Walks are usually 3 – 4 hrs in length
• Transport is available for most of the walks for those who don’t have any.
• Car Pooling is also greatly encouraged.
• Walks are usually of a moderate level but easier and more advanced levels are included.
We also organise Weekends away in Ireland and other countries for our members.
Do I need to be fit for the walking club?
A: We have a mix of fitness levels in our group and so we arrange many of our walks to suit peoples abilities.
I’m just a beginner, are the walks suitable?
A: A lot of people who join our group have no previous experience of hill walking.
I don’t have my own transport, how do I get to the walks?
A: We organise car pooling for all of our walks and we also have a minibus.
Walks are usually in the Dublin Wicklow area, Details are sent to members of walks before dates.
(more walks will be added)