Glenmalure – Mullacor Loop Walk
Walking time: Approx 3-4hrs, Distance: 12Km. Ascent: 465m
Terrain: Open mountain trails and forest track.
About The Walk: This walk takes us from the Glenmalure Valley up to Mullacor and back via the Wicklow Way. We will be walking on forest paths with a gentle incline to the summit – the final approach and immediate descent is over open mountain trail. Mullacor straddles the Glendalough and Glenmalure Valleys with fantastic views of Lugnaquilla (the highest mountain in Wicklow) and the Irish Sea. We will descend via the Wicklow Way along the slopes of the Glenmalure Valley back to The Glenmalure Lodge.
– We will be stopping for a bite to eat along the way so bring a small packed lunch.
How to get there:
– If you are coming from Dublin on the M50 and the N11 take the turn of at Kilmacanogue for Round wood and Glendalough. Turn left at Laragh signposted Rathdrum. After crossing the bridge, turn right up the hill for Glenmalure. The Glenmalure Lodge will be on your left at the first crossroad.
Transport: Maldron Hotel, Tallaght 09:15am and at Luas Balally (Dundrum) 09:30am
Transport provided back after the walk.
For Guided Walks we recommend you Bring:
- Walking Boots are essential
- Walking trousers, not jeans
- Walking Rucksack 25L
- Rain gear
- Extra Top
- Sun Cream
- Walking Poles if you use them
What does your Transport look like?
We use small white buses with “Hilltoptreks” written on them.
How long is the Walk?
The walk is approx 4hrs with a choice to shorten on the day.