• A cancellation fee of 100% applies for cancellations made less than 48hrs in advance, or in case of no-show.
• A cancellation fee of 50% applies for cancellations made less than 72hrs in advance.
• No cancellation fee applies for cancellations made 3 or more days in advance.
If you cannot make the tour on the date requested and you contact us with in 48hrs of your tour date, then we may be able to provide an alternative date depending on availability.
BOOK YOUR DAY TOUR OF WICKLOW, GLENDALOUGH
About the Tour:
This Award winning Tour leaves from Dublin Daily. There are options within this tour to enjoy a Guided walk, Go Horse Riding or Biking in the Wicklow Hills.
If you’re not feeling to energetic you have the opportunity to relax and visit The Powerscourt Gardens (discounted rate Adults €7 or student €6 not covered in cost). The Gardens were Voted No. 3 in the World’s Top 10 Gardens by the National Geographic.
Our Wicklow Day Tour has been awarded “A Certificate of Excellence from Trip Advisor” and Ranks in the Top 5 Tours from Dublin.
About the Activities:
The activities are approx 1.5hrs in length and suitable for both beginners and the
more experienced alike with great guides to assist you all the way.
Your day will start with a pickup from Dublin and a scenic drive south into the hills and glens of county Wicklow. The guides are very friendly and full of local history and stories of both Dublin and Wicklow and will keep you informed on the way
Our first stop along the way is Enniskerry (film location of “P.S. I Love You” and “Leap Year”), a small picturesque Victorian estate village in Wicklow.
Then you are brought to your chosen activity or the Powerscourt Gardens.
After your activity we all meet back up and take a break for lunch in Enniskerry. There are many places here to eat to choose from.
After lunch the tour continues on through the valleys and glens of the Wicklow Mountains visiting many of Wicklow’s wonderful highlights along the way. Including Wicklow Mountain National Park, The Sally Gap, Lough Tay, the Guinness Lake (film location of “Excalibur” and “Brave Heart”), “P.S. I Love You” bridge, Glendalough and its 6th century monastic site.
There are many stops along the way to take some pictures and also time to visit the monastic site and to enjoy the beautiful valley of Glendalough.
Afterwards we will return to Dublin for approx 17:30.
The tours are small groups with 16 persons max per coach, making sure you are well looked after along the way.
All the guides are local, fully qualified and full of the history and stories of the places visited.
Larger groups can be also catered for.
A Blog about this tour by Bound2Explore
• You will receive a confirmation email and voucher instantly after booking
• In the event that you do not receive an email from us, please check your Spam folder or notify us via email
Save Paper: You do not need to print your confirmation as the Guide will have your name on his list for the tour.
Note that the horse riding and biking are provided by a third party .
For the Day tours we recommend you bring
- Comfortable walking shoes / trainers
- Rain gear, just in case
- Wear Jeans if you doing the Horse Riding, (Boots, Helmet are supplied by the stable)
- Sun Cream
What does your Transport look like?
We use small white buses with “Hilltoptreks” written on them.
Do I need to print my Ticket?
No, Once you book online, Your name and details are on the guides list for your tour.
Tour with Guided Walk:
- It’s highly recommended that you wear comfortable shoes/boots when you pick this package
Tour with Horse Riding:
- Suitable for both beginners and experienced riders
- You’ll be provided with horse riding equipment
- Make sure to wear trousers on the date of the tour if you pick this package
- Maximum weight requirement for males is 15 stone (210 pound/95 kilograms). For females, it’s 16 stone (224 pounds/102 kilograms)
- Minimum age requirement: Age 13
Tour with Cycling:
- You’ll ride a mountain bike (Fat Bikes with large tyres, for more adventure and comfort)
- Minimum age requirement: Age 13
Do you have to do an activity?
No, You can choose to visit the Powerscourt Gardens.
Do you need to be an experienced Horse rider?
No, The stables can cater for all abilities from Beginner to the more experienced.
How long is the Walk?
The walk is approx 1.5hrs in length and of an easy type but gives you some great views.