Private Tour of Wicklow – Glendalough.
Private Day Tour of Wicklow and Glendalough.
County Wicklow is known as the “Garden of Ireland” for its natural scenic beauty and is just a short drive south of Dublin.
Due to its scenic locations there are numerous film made here over the years such as “Brave Heart”, “P.S. I Love”, “Leap Year” and in more recent times the series “Vikings” to name but a few.
On this tour we will bring you to Wicklow’s most scenic locations such as Lough Tay, The Guinness Estate, The Sally Gap, Wicklow Mountains National Park, Enniskerry, Powerscourt and Glendalough.
The Wicklow Mountains and hills are a patch work of green fields and stone walls with some valleys, lakes and waterfalls. There are also some beautiful small towns where you can enjoy a bite to eat.
You can choose to visit the Powerscourt Gardens, which were voted the 3rd most beautiful gardens in the world by the National Geographic.
You will also have time to explore the valley of Glendalough with its two lakes and the old monastic site of St Kevin.
If you wish you can have lunch in a typical Irish pub in the hills.
Some of the options for the Private Wicklow Tour can include:
• Visit the Amazing Glendalough Valley and National Park
• Visit Powerscourt House and Gardens
• Have a pub lunch at a traditional Irish Pub or restaurant
• Tour St Kevins Monastic Site with full historical commentary
• Stop at the ‘PS I Love You Bridge’
• See the imposing Luggala Mountain and Guinness Lake.
• See where “Brave Heart” “Vikings” and “Leap Year” were filmed
• See the incredible Glenmacnass Waterfall
• Enjoy a guided walk, Horse Riding or Cycling in the Wicklow Hills; suitable for both beginners and the more experienced with all equipment supplied for you.
Reviewed 28 September 2018
“Wicklow truly is The Garden of Ireland – Hilltop Treks showed me!
Robert collected me in a clean and well-kept vehicle from Dublin city centre and took me out to Wicklow for the day. I spent a full day walking through the mountains with him and from the word go I felt very safe and at ease with him. He made me laugh the whole day with his cracking Irish sense of humour. I was very impressed by his love for this region and his country which was evident in his teachings and knowledge of the history and geography of the area. Not only did I have a fun day, but I also left feeling like I’d learned loads and the ice cream at the end of the day was a real treat. Thanks, Robert!”
Private Tour (1 -12 persons): from just €450
• Pickup at your Accommodation, Airport or Port in Dublin
• Comfortable Transport for the tour
• Qualified and Friendly Guide to keep you well informed of the areas visited
• Your own personal Itinerary of places you would like to see or visit.
• A more intimate tour for you and your group.
Does Not Include:
• Entrance fees
• Lunches, Meals or Drinks
(For groups larger than 12 please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for an Itinerary and quote)
The pickup location in Dublin for this tour is chosen by you.
It can be your Hotel, Accommodation, Port or Airport.
For most tours it is best to bring
Comfortable Walking shoes / Trainers
Rain Gear just in case
Camera to get some great shots
Q. Is this suitable for just 2 people
A. Yes, This is not a problem.
Q. Can we choose to do multiple days tour
A. Yes, We can offer this as along we have enough notice to organise it for you
Q. Can I choose to visit any part of Ireland
A. Yes, As long as its possible within a day usually, otherwise we would need to organise a multiple day tour for you.
Q. What size groups can you cater for.
A. We have a few different size buses and if we need to we can hire extra ones.