Private Tour of the Boyne Valley – Newgrange
Private Day Tour of the Boyne Valley and Newgrange.
Discover Ireland’s rich and intriguing history with this tour of Ireland’s Ancient t East in the area of the Boyne Valley and Newgrange. Within a short drive from Dublin city center you can be brought to some of Ireland’s most impressive archaeological and ancient sites. The Boyne valley sits just north of Dublin in counties Meath and Louth. This valley along the Boyne river is where it is believed much of the first people to Ireland settled.
Today it is a treasure to historians giving a rich insight into Ireland’s ancient past and customs. From the Celts to the Vikings, from the pagans to Christianity and from British conquest to Ireland’s independence.
An important monument is the Newgrange monument, which is over 5000yrs old making it older than the pyramids of Egypt. It is an ancient burial tomb and is also one of the largest astrologically aligned structures in the world. This monument also was built to mark the event of the winter solstice on Dec 21st each year.
There are many other wonderful locations to visit as well as some great small towns, restaurants and pubs.
On this tour we can bring you to some of Ireland’s most iconic landmarks, such as
- Hill of Tara: The Ancient seat of the High Kings of Ireland, it also contains a number of ancient monuments.
- Trim Castle: The largest Norman Castle in Europe. Founded by Hugh De Lacy in 12th Century. Film location of “Brave Heart”
- The Hill of Slane: is steeped in myth and history, St Patrick and the introduction of Christianity.
- Slane Castle: Home of the Marquess Conyngham, Family home since 1701.
- New Grange: A place of astrological, spiritual, religious and ceremonial importance – An Ancient Temple.
- Knowth: megalithic sites of the Boyne Valley were designated a World Heritage Site by UNESCO
- Monasterboice Monastery: and it’s wonderful high crosses, which was founded by Saint Buite approx 500 A.D.
Your guide will give a richer understanding of Ireland’s history, its people and their connection with this area.
These are just some of the many areas you can visit in this area. As this is a private tour of course your guide can also suggest other locations of interest or you can also choose your own.
“We were lucky that we had a very pleasant sunny day during this time of the year. Our guide/driver Johnny was fantastic. He has good local knowledge and was quite entertaining. We enjoyed every bit of the trip from visiting 5000 year old Newgrange to the very Castle where Mel Gibson’s “Braveheart” was shot.”
Gouthamtr – Date of experience: December 2018
Private Tour (1 -12 persons): from just €450
• Pickup at your Accommodation, Airport or Port in Dublin
• Comfortable Transport for the tour
• Qualified and Friendly Guide to keep you well informed of the areas visited
• Your own personal Itinerary of places you would like to see or visit.
• A more intimate tour for you and your group.
Does Not Include:
• Entrance fees
• Lunches, Meals or Drinks
(For groups larger than 12 please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for an Itinerary and quote)
The pickup location in Dublin for this tour is chosen by you.
It can be your Hotel, Accommodation, Port or Airport.
For most tours it is best to bring
Comfortable Walking shoes / Trainers
Rain Gear just in case
Camera to get some great shots
Q. Is this suitable for just 1 or 2 people
A. Yes, This is not a problem.
Q. Can we choose to do multiple days tour
A. Yes, We can offer this as along we have enough notice to organise it for you
Q. Can I choose to visit any part of Ireland
A. Yes, As long as its possible within a day usually, otherwise we would need to organise a multiple day tour for you.
Q. What size groups can you cater for.
A. We have a few different size buses and if we need to we can hire extra ones.