Day Tours from Dublin:
Hilltoptreks organise some great day Tours and day trips from Dublin city which makes it easy for you to visit some of Ireland’s most scenic and historical places.
With a very central pickup from Dublin city you could be brought to the Hills of Wicklow for a guided walk. You could ride through the country side on Horse back or relax in the Powerscourt Gardens. Discover some famous film locations such as “Brave Heart” or “P.S. I Love You”. Then after lunch in a small Irish town visit beautiful valleys and Glens such as Glendalough.
You could also explore the famous Cliffs of Moher on the Wild Atlantic Way. You can discover the start of the Irish people, their history and folklore in the Boyne Valley and Newgrange.
Hilltoptreks can also show you many other places in Ireland on day trips from Dublin.
Hilltoptreks also offer private day tours or multi-day tours from Dublin for you to enjoy. These tours allow you the time to really explore Ireland, its people, culture, music and its wonderful landscape
With all the tours being guided with great local guides you will be kept fully informed on all you need to know about the places you visit, its history and more.
Cancellation Policy for Day Trips from Dublin:
If you can’t do your tour due to the any COVID19 travel restrictions. You will get a full refund or we can postpone to another more suitable date, otherwise policy is as below.
- A cancellation fee of 100% applies for cancellations made less than 48hrs in advance, or in case of no-show.
• A cancellation fee of 50% applies for cancellations made less than 72hrs in advance.
• No cancellation fee applies for cancellations made 3 or more days in advance.
If you cannot make the tour on the date requested and you contact us with in 48hrs of your tour date, then we may be able to provide an alternative date depending on availability.
FAQ: For our Day Trips from Dublin.
- Do I need to print my ticket? – Once you book your name is on your guides list but you can also show your ticket on your mobile device if you wish. (No need to print).
- What does the transport look like? – We use small white mini coaches with “Hilltoptreks” written on them.
- What should I pack for my day trip from Dublin? – We recommend that you bring a bottle of water, rain gear, umbrella, comfortable walking shoes.
- Do we stop for lunch on the day tours? – Yes, all our Itineraries include a lunch stop along the way. (Not included in cost)
- Should I take a guided tour for my day trip? – Guided Day Trips from Dublin are a great way to visit scenic and historic locations in Ireland. You don’t have to drive, you will be guided by an expert and get to see and experience more.
- What about the guided walk option, what should I wear? – We recommend you wear suitable comfortable walking or trail shoes.
- What should I wear for the Horse riding option? – We recommend that you wear jeans (not shorts) Your helmet and boots are supplied by the stables.
- Do you need to do an activity – No these are just options from the Wicklow Day Tour.
- Day Tour of Wicklow, Powercsourt & GlendaloughFrom € 32.00Day Trip to Wicklow from Dublin, Powerscourt and Glendalough with activity options.
- Day Tour of the Boyne Valley & NewgrangeFrom € 32.00Explore our Celts and Castles Tour in the Boyne Valley and Newgrange
- Day Tour of Wicklow, Glendalough and KilkennyFrom € 32.00Discover the natural beauty of Wicklow and the Norman town of Kilkenny from this day trip.
- Create you own Private Day Tour from DublinFrom €450 - (1 - 8ppl)Private tours can be a great way to give you the freedom to explore a destination at your own pace.
Johnny was the best tour guide and driver. We had our three young kids with us and he involved them in the tour every step of the way. This trip is truly for all ages! The horseback ride was great… and the scenery of Ireland is breathtakingly beautiful. From the lunch at Poppy’s to the wonderful story-telling by your guide, this is a perfect day in the Irish Countryside.
Date of experience: Oct 2018
Day Trip from Dublin to Wicklow, Glendalough
Had a wonderful experience with HilltopTreks going to Wicklow park. Our tour guide Darragh was an absolute pleasure. Would definitely book again in the future.
Our best day in Ireland…
First, I must confess I did not like the city of Dublin–too nondescript and dull for me; however, I did like what I saw of the Irish countryside and that is because of Hilltoptreks. The second thing you might note is that I rarely give five-star reviews so make of my review what you may.
I especially wanted one that included the gardens and I was not disappointed.
Date of experience: June 2018