Choose from the options on the Western Way:
We will organise every aspect of your adventure travel, we even move your bags each day to your next accommodation. This is backpacking without the backache.
The Western way trail starts in Oughterard and brings you along the shores of Lough Corrib and through to the Maam valley where your experience of the wild Connemara landscape begins, continuing through the Inagh Valley, to Leenane and onto Drummin and finishing in Westport.
You will hike through areas still used for turfcutting, sheepfarming and pass through a pilgrimage route where the tiny church of St Patrick sits atop a mountain pass called Maumean.
The trail covers parts of the Wild Atlantic Way and its rugged, rocky landscape ending in Westport where live traditional Irish music is available in the pubs every night of the week.
Average Persons Walking speed is 4Km ph so most walks are approx 4-5hrs per day at a pleasant pace.
Included in costs
- Friendly and family run guest Houses and B+Bs (Irish Tourism Board Approved)
- Detailed maps, Water Proof Map Cover
- Detailed walking notes with interesting facts of areas visited and route descriptions.
- Maps and information are posted to you before you even come to Ireland.
- Luggage Transfer each day.
- Phone support along the way.(Accommodations and pickup numbers)
- All Information on public transport required will be given.
- Extra accommodation before and after your trip.
- Pickup from Shannon Airport.
Select number of days when booking.