Self Guided Walk on the Western Way and Connemara
Included in Tours:
- Guest Houses or B+B's with breakfasts
- Detailed maps and Water Proof Map Cover
- Detailed walking notes with interesting facts of areas visited and route descriptions.
- Luggage Transfer each day. So you only carry a small pack while walking.
- Phone support along the way.(Accommodations and pickup numbers)
- All Information on public transport required will be given.
- Information on what to see and do in places visited.
- Information on places to eat and drink.
- Extra accommodation before or after this trip can be arranged for you.
- Pickup from Shannon Airport.
We will organise every aspect of your adventure travel, we even move your bags each day to your next accommodation. This is backpacking without the backache.
The Western way trail starts in Oughterard and brings you along the shores of Lough Corrib and through to the Maam valley where your experience of the wild Connemara landscape begins, continuing through the Inagh Valley, to Leenane and onto Drummin and finishing in Westport.
You will hike through areas still used for turfcutting, sheepfarming and pass through a pilgrimage route where the tiny church of St Patrick sits atop a mountain pass called Maumean.
The trail covers parts of the Wild Atlantic Way and its rugged, rocky landscape ending in Westport where live traditional Irish music is available in the pubs every night of the week.
About The Islands options:
You can choose from our