Choose from the options on the Kerry Way:
Please select number of tour days while booking
There is a 3% booking fee
County Kerry sits at the southernmost tip of Ireland and possesses many of Ireland’s highest points. It is also enriched with fine beaches, wonderful valleys and Islands not too far from its shoreline. A wonderful place to walk and explore the world renowned landscape of south west ireland.
We will organise every aspect of your adventure travel, we even move your bags each day to your next accommodation. This is backpacking without the backache.
The people of Kerry truly have their own unique approach to taking it easy and are very welcoming and friendly. Most pubs in the towns along the Kerry Way offer live Irish Music.
The trail starts and finishes in the busy tourist destination of Killarney, passing through its fine National Park. Looping around the Iveragh Peninsula, the Kerry Way goes anticlockwise, passing through some of the most isolated and dramatic countryside in the country.
Whilst Kerry is renowned for having the highest mountains in Ireland, the Kerry Way avoids the higher peaks and opts for the lower reaches of mountain ridges. The trail is intended to quickly progress through a variety of different landscapes and experiences, giving the walker a wider appreciation for the county
Killarney is the starting/end point of the Kerry Way. This beautiful little town sits at the top end of the Iveragh peninsula and is a gret place to start from. The town itself is alive with Irish music in the evenings with many fine restaurants and places to visit. I would recommend an extra day to spend here.
The accommodation we use for the Kerry Way is right at the heart of this town and walking distance from most attractions.
Average Persons Walking speed is 4Km ph so most walks are approx 4-5hrs per day at a pleasant pace.
Included in costs
- Friendly and family run guest Houses and B+Bs (Irish Tourism Board Approved)
- Detailed maps, Water Proof Map Cover
- The Kerry Way Book with interesting facts of areas visited and route descriptions.
- Maps, books and information are posted to you before you even come to Ireland.
- Luggage Transfer each day.
- Kerry Way Passports
- Phone support along the way.(Accommodations and pickup numbers)
- All Information on public transport required will be given.
- Tours to the Skellig or Valentia Islands can be organised along the way.
- Extra accommodation before and after your trip.
- Pickup from Shannon / Kerry Airports.
Select number of days when booking.
There is a 3% booking fee