The Beara Peninsula, sits at the south west of Ireland and juts out into the Atlantic Ocean. It sits in both the counties of Cork and Kerry and is approx 48miles of hiking trail from Glengariff to Dursey sounds. It is probably one of the most remote of the peninsulas that sit in this part of Ireland and some might say the most beautiful and wild. A premier location to walk in Ireland. A location like no other for a walking holiday in Ireland, the Beara way has everything a hiking tour should.
Choose from other waking holiday options on The Beara Way;
This 6 day self guided tour costs: €480 per person sharing.
Single supplement: €160
There is a 3% booking fee
Following the lower slopes of Hungry Hill and zigzagging across the slopes of Maulin, the trail leads you down to exceptionally pretty fishing town of Castletownbere.
Forestry tracks leads you out of Castletownbere to pass through the Slieve Miskish Mountains, across open mountain tracks, leading you to the very colourful village of Allihies.
While this is a short days walking, you will be rewarded with the most spectacular cliff walks to reach the end of the Beara peninsula.
Included in costs
- Friendly and family run guest Houses and B+Bs (Irish Tourism Board Approved)
- Travel Pack with detailed maps and guide Book with interesting facts of areas visited and route descriptions.
- Luggage Transfer when changing accommodation.
- Phone support along the way. (Accommodations and pickup numbers) 24/7.
- All Information on public transport required will be given
- Extra accommodation before, during or after your trip.
- Pickup from Cork / Kerry Airports.